Sunday, April 15, 2012

Umberto Boccioni #241

I had to choose a precedent for project 2 and after looking at all the precedents available I decided that Umberto Boccioni is the most inspiring. Boccioni was an italian painter from 1882-1916 whose work strongly showcases his interests in futurism, dynamism (the portrayal of movement), speed and technology. I have a few initial ideas about what I would like to do for project two and I think that applying the styles of futurism and dynamism seen in Boccioni's paintings will make my animation very exciting. 

 Dynamism of a Cyclist This shows vivid colours which I would like to use in my animation. I also like the use of lines which are mostly in the center of the image but are bold without being overpowering. Boccioni's work is very linear and this will come across in my designs.

 Dynamism of a Human Body Like the panting above Boccioni is using lines to draw the viewers eye towards the center of the image. Dynamism is about capturing the movement and speed of a particular object. I would like to apply this in my work - i'm thinking about having a city-scape or some other fast paced environment for my character to live in. This works well with the precedents as Boccioni was a large fan of futurism and I think the way the city moves would both be bright and linear but also fast. 


 Forces of the Street This painting uses lighting to great effect. I prefer to use these types of colours in my work and this painting is a strong emphasis on the lines created by light. It will be good to use the way this painting uses light in my animation and that is from above straight down. I think this painting is also evident of the way a city moves its bustling and crowed. 


 City Rises

 The Laugh This painting emphasizes positivity. I would like my animation to reflect this positive environment and happiness as my last animation was mildly dark and moody I would like this one to be upbeat and happy. 


Visioni Simultanee This painting clearly showcases a city. I like the way everything has been portrayed and although we know that whats in the image is very linear the lines have not been used to normal effect. 

No comments:

Post a Comment