Thursday, May 24, 2012

Fixing Bob #241

As I continued to weight paint Bob I realised that he kept deforming in specific places that were incorrect. I repeatedly tried to remove these before finally deciding that the incorrect deformations were being caused by not enough bones when the body bent and a reason I still couldn't figure out which was deforming the leg.

I then had to make a new skeleton which I did which had more bones in it. The new skeleton deformed a lot better than previously and required minimal weight painting which didn't take too long as I now knew which joints were connected to what skin ect making it very easy.



 After I did this, I finished Sally who I had been working on steadily the same as Bob. I added Curves which I parented to IK handles and their heads to add handles for me to operate when they were animating.



 I tested these and they worked fine.


No comments:

Post a Comment