Sunday, May 27, 2012

IK Handle issues

When I went to animate Bob running I noticed that when I moved his leg handles his leg moved outwards instead of inwards. This meant he could not run or walk with bent knees which was a huge problem. I asked a tutor for help and learnt how to use both locators and pole vectors. When these were linked in to my ik handles the legs twisted at their hip joints at a ninety degree angle. This was now an even bigger problem. So I spoke to Byron. We looked at the way the bones were sitting and the bones were slightly splayed outwards which was affecting the way that the IK handles moved the legs. We moved the bones to a straight position and then moved the knees slightly forwards and the feet slightly backwards, hinting at the direction we wanted them to move. This was "how nature does it". Then I added new IK handles and the legs began to move in the direction intended. Unfortunately this meant that my weight painting was out and I had to now fix it. 



No comments:

Post a Comment