Saturday, May 19, 2012

Leg Weight Painting #241

The following images are a timeline of how I weight painted the right leg of my model. These images are show the process I used for all my weight painting. 

 1. Before weight painting, looking at where the skin is deforming most and at what angles.

 2. After weight painting the right hip/thigh, right knee and right foot I tested the leg again to see if it was deforming correctly. It showed lots of sections of the left leg deforming also, I believed this to be accidental weight painting on that surface while I was doing the right leg. I noticed the stomach, knee and ankle of the model was deforming a lot better than previously.

3. I went and weight painted the same sections of the right leg, including erasing paint marks on the left leg. I noticed that the left leg was a lot better but I had missed some sections of the leg. I also noticed that the knee was very linear and not smooth, i think this might have something to do with the geometry of the mesh. The stomach of the model seems to be bending awkwardly, I used my own body and attempted to put my body in the same position and I could not. I will try to smooth the stomach down but since the position of the leg is not natural and will not be in this position I am not too worried. I will check what it looks like from the side. 

4. I changed the weight of the skin on the hip and also how it went up the body. This changed the deformation of the stomach. I still noticed parts of the left left deforming funny. I think that when I mirror the skin weights from the left to right sides this will be taken care of.

No comments:

Post a Comment