Monday, June 11, 2012

Animators Survival Book #241

As part of my animation Bob has to break free of his sign.  


He does this by pushing on it really hard making it flex until he forces the side down and jumps through it before it springs back into place.


I used the animators survival book to help with the movement. This book has been helping a lot with my movement, showing me that subtle shifts of weight or hips ect help to make the animation a lot better.


It also introduced the concept of using a scale of beats to do the animation too. This has meant thatt instead of animating willy nilly the various components then having them all out of synch or break if I need to move anything, I am animating all components on set key frames to a beat e.g. 2, 10, 15 ect.



I also used the book to help animate Sally's girlfriend. This was because she needed to be busty and she bounces. I read in the book about gravity and squishy things. When the body is down in a bounce the squishy stuff, in this case breasts, go up. This helped to give it a realistic feeling. The book also shows the use of shoulder movement in relation to arm movement. This is because our shoulders are not static when our arms move. I have animated all my models to reflect this.


No comments:

Post a Comment