Sunday, June 3, 2012

Re-weight painting Bob #241

 I thought about how I could get the weight paint done on Bob with his brand new legs without having to dedicate the time I have done in the past to re do this. I looked into how to copy skin weights. Oringinally I attempted to export the good weight paint and import it on the new model. For whatever reason this did not work. I looked up on the Autodesk Maya website that I needed to copy the skin weights. I found instructions on how to go about this. First I had to import new Bob into the scene with Old Bob. Once there I positioned new bob next to Old Bob and copied the skin weights. Because Old Bob had his hands in a down position and because they were placed next to each other the skin weights did not copy correctly. But it was progress. I then moved Old Bobs hands to the same position as New Bob and placed them in front and behind each other.



 I copied again. This time it was highly successful. The only problem I could see was that where his legs met his stomach, by this when his legs were moved a giant crease appeared which was an issue.  

 

 New Bobs arm was also a little strange at the shoulder joint issue but it should be easy to fix this.  


No comments:

Post a Comment