Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Run cycle #241

Because Bob does a lot of running I decided to use a run cycle. I used the Animators Survival book to help me figure out a beat to run to and the key poses needed. I decided to use a beat of 5 (9 for a full left right left beat). I knew that I needed a contact, pass position, and second contact poses. This meant that:
1. Contact
2.  
3. Pass Position
4.
5. Contact
with beats 2 and 4 being the fillers.

I then looked at two runners on youtube, a sprinter and a casual runner, to figure out when they moved their arms, feet, hips, shoulders and heads. I knew that when running at some point both legs are off the ground and looking at these videos helped me to realize when this was in relations to the other parts of the body and also which step (contact, pass, contact two) it would go on, if any.


This was the runner I used to determine hips (up and down movement) and legs. This frame showed me the first contact position, with the second contact position obviously being the opposite of this.


 This frame showed me what the pass position was. Unlike walking, the pass for running takes place with both feet off the ground.


This frame shows the full span of the arms. In a walk the arms are at their fullest in the down position. This frame showed that it was different for a run and that when the second foot was just about to come off the ground the arms were at their widest.


This frame shows that the contact position has the hips at their lowest point, a point which is not as low as in a walk, its subtle. It also shows that the head is forward with the hips also slightly back to create a forward motion for the torso.


The hips are going into their highest point in this frame. This frame is just before the last foot comes off the ground.

No comments:

Post a Comment