Monday, March 19, 2012

Definitions #251

I knew that I wanted to focus on cognition: memory for my in depth psychology study as part of the first assignment. I did some of the tests and read information on the link given in the brief. I then started looking at designed objects that I thought addressed memory. However I didn't exactly understand either cognition or memory so I decided to look up their definitions to give me a sentence to get my understanding going. 


Cognition is "the mental action or process of acquiring knowledge and understanding through thought, experienceand the senses." Results of this include perception, sensation, notion, or intuition. 


Memory is a "person's power to remember things" or "something remembered from the past; a recollection" 


So to link it together cognition is the action of processing information or information through various means and this information is then stored as a memory to be recollected/used later. 

No comments:

Post a Comment