Thursday, March 8, 2012

Researching Precedents #241

Images above: The Stag(2008) Patricia Piccini
I looked at all the designers that we were given as possible precedents (Patricia Piccini, Jason Deamer and Damian Hurst). After looking at their designs, I decided that Patricia Piccini would be the best person for me to be inspired by. Her designs such as this one below:


taken from her exhibition Swell, displayed here at the Artspace in Sydney, make me think about how ordinary things such as waves, what I believe these images are, and capture them in a way that makes the texture and colour and form stand out. Another example of Patricia Puccini doing this is in her Vespa works specifically in the pieces titled The Lovers (2011) and The Stag (2008).
Images above: The Lovers (2011) Patricia Piccini

No comments:

Post a Comment