Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Modeling and Texturing #241

 My concept designs involve two blobs which move toward each other. I used polygonal spheres which  manipulated to create an object which was not a straight sphere. I did this by manipulating the vertices using soft selection.
 I then added texture and a bump map. I chose my texture based off the research I did on Patricia Puccini. She did an installation called Swell which focused on the ocean and its movements and colours. I really liked the colours used in this and thought that since my blobs were meant to be fluid using the colour of the ocean and then applying a bump map of different ocean waves would portray this.
 The effect of the texture and bump map was that the blobs were fluid in both form and texture but not in an obvious way. The ocean and water images used to create the effect were not that obvious either, which I liked.
 I was playing around with how textures would look from far away and close up and from various angles. I liked the above image as you see the texture of one in extreme close up but you also see the other one in a not as close way. I also like how this angle shows the green one as being more dominant than the blue. I think I will use this angle as a camera shot in my final film.
This is the opposite shot to the one above where the blue one is close to the camera but the green one is far away. I like it for the same reasons as above but the green one still looks more dominant than the blue one. This is also an interesting angle which I might use for my final film.

No comments:

Post a Comment