Thursday, March 29, 2012

Lab 2: Redefining the Brief #251


I want to address the relationship people have with their keys and what it means to them. In my observations I noticed that the my first subject only put her keys in 3 or 4 locations which made it easy to find them should the need arise. The second subject lost his keys frequently and always had to use the spare. This was despite efforts to make sure they could be easily found e.g. having a lanyard attached to them. My third subject always kept her keys in her pocket, no matter where she was or what she was doing. 

To address this relationship, I would like to use visual cognition involving colour theory to enable to user to recollect with ease where they put their keys. 

A friend of mine mentioned that he’d heard about colour and its use in studying for specific subjects. For example when a person was studying for maths they would wear a red wrist band and write in red or on red paper. Then in the test they would wear the red wrist band and through this the colour would help them to recall what they learnt as they associated the colour red with their mathematic studies. I could not find studies to support this specific theory but I did learn that there was significant research into colour theory and its use in memory recollection and emotive manipulation.

I would like to apply these theories and utilize the idea my friend mentioned above to helping people associate a colour with an object and then use this to recollect where they put it.  

No comments:

Post a Comment